Details coming soon but whilst you're waiting please consider:
A request for your assistance to manage biosecurity for this event. Our intention is to open gates to the grounds from 2pm Friday 25 May 2018 and hope someone or two or three is available to help out.
We would sincerely appreciate assistance. I can be contacted on 0400 815 510.
Megan Jensen - NEEEC Secretary
OPEN MEETING FOR TEERA MEMBERS AND CLUBS
Sat 23rd June , 2018 at ETC from 11am to 1pm
SUBJECT: Financial matters and Strategic Planning
Remember the successful breakfast meeting we held at Gowrie Park a couple of years ago.
Your SMC now feel it is time to have another session where all members and Clubs can have an open discussion as to how best the SMC can support members and Clubs with financial and any other matters.
Topics for discussion include--
1. The rising cost of Public Liability and Personal Accident insurance for Teera, Clubs and members are high on the concerned list and AERA are continually negotiating with insurance companies for our best outcome. To offset these costs some fees are now charged by event rather than once per year ie user pay.
2. Where do your membership fees go???
3. What benefits do you get for your membership payments??? Can these be reduced???
4. How much does Teera subsidise riders or Clubs at the moment?
5. How best to utilise Teera accumulated funds??? Suggestions of porta-loos, ride trailer
6. Annual awards--- What do members want and how much to spend??
7. On-line /Direct banking. Teera have progressed with this and Roger has done a great job to get it up and running. Open for questions etc
Please advise Teera Secretary of other matters you would like discussed so an agenda can produced prior to the meeting.
Pat Hodgetts, firstname.lastname@example.org
On line entries now closed. Phone entries to Bev Rouse on 6491 1158 will close Wednesday April 25.
Now to be run separately from the State Championships (8 & 9 June) on 21 July. 80, 40 and 20 km.
President Wendy Rand has given notice of training in the use of the new electronic timing equipment.
"There will be a practice day for the electric timming at Tony Perry's place at Sassafras on the Saturday 24th March. Any body interested in learning how to use this equipment are welcome to come along.More the merrier😊
Would be great to see some of the younger members c ome along and learn how to set up and use this equipment. Any enquiries please feel free to contact me😊 10 am start
Tony's address is 7648 Bass Highway. Entry approx. 100 metres the Deloraine side of Smith and Others Rd.
Rebel Impact - 484km Heavyweight Distance Horse - Winner
Free Spirit Czar - 404km Heavyweight Distance Horse - Runner Up
Craig Wilson - 484km Heavyweight Distance Rider - Winner
Robbie Walsh - 404km Heavyweight Distance Rider - Runner Up
Free Spirit Czar - 29 points Heavyweight Points Horse - Winner
Rebel Impact - 28 points Heavyweight Points Horse - Runner Up
Robbie Walsh - 29 points Heavyweight Points Rider - Winner
Rebel Impact - 28 points Heavyweight Points Rider - Runner Up
Cruise GT - 659km Middleweight Distance Horse - Winner
Wongawol Legend - 644 km Middleweight Distance Horse - Runner Up
Kaye Mitchell - 1040km Middleweight Distance Rider - Winner
Debbie Grull - 884km Middleweight Distance Rider - Runner Up
Wongawol Legend - 52.5km Middleweight Points Horse - Winner
Beer Street Willis - 38.5km Middleweight Points Horse - Runner Up
Tara Nicklason - 65 points Middleweight Points Rider - Winner
Kaye Mitchell - 64 points Middleweight Points Rider - Runner Up
Beaucheval Akhiran - 800km Lightweight Distance Horse - Winner
Razorback Silver Wings - 484km Lightweight Distance Horse - Runner Up
Angela Hawks - 1200km Lightweight Distance Rider - Winner
Trish Smith - 800km Lightweight Distance Rider - Runner Up
Beaucheval Akhiran - 44.5 points Lightweight Points Horse - Winner
Razorback Silver Wings - 41 points Lightweight Points Horse - Runner Up
Angela Hawks - 67.5km Lightweight Points Rider - Winner
Shannon Hill - 48.25km Lightweight Points Rider - Runner Up
Rocky - 644km Junior Distance Horse - Winner
Zane - 640km Junior Distance Horse - Runner Up
Kirstie Lockhart - 1044km Junior Distance Rider - Winner
Jaz Hutchins - 884km Junior Distance Rider - Runner Up
Zane - 52 points Junior Points Horse - Winner
Rocky - 41.75 points Junior Points Horse - Runner Up
Kirstie Lockhart - 80 points Junior Distance Points - Winner
Jaz Hutchins - 57.5 points Junior Distance Points - Runner Up
Tara Nicklason - Wongawol Legend 100% Completion - 644km
Kaye Mitchell - Beer Street Willis 100% Completion - 560km
Kirstie Lockhart - Zane 100% Completion - 640km
- Election of 5 members for 2 year term of SMC. Successful candidates are Tania Jago, Jill Hawks, Kellie Woodhouse, Roger Nichols, Raelene Smith
- SMC members on second term are Wendy Rand, Pat Lamprey, Pat Hodgetts, Greg Henry, Diana Carrol.
- Office Bearers for 2018;
President : Wendy Rand
Vice/Pres : Raelene Smith
Treasurer: Roger Nichols
Secretary : Pat Hodgetts
Minute Sec: Jill Hawks
Log Books : Jill Hawks
Membership: Pat Lamprey
AERA Reps : Pat Hodgetts and Jill Hawks
Insurance : Greg Henry
Registrar in Training: Diana Carrol
Horse Welfare: Pat Hodgetts
Publicity: Tania Jago, Kellie Woodhouse
- Motion 1 amended to read “ Every club be encouraged to nominate a SMC representative to sit on the committee each year “ Motion passed
- Motion 2 . Amended to read “That TEERA explore the possibility of utilizing electronic voting system that enables members to vote at annual SMC elections” Motion passed.
- Motions 3 and 4 . Passed
- 160km Qualifying rides for 2018 - SMC would like to know before 17th March how many Tas riders still need to qualify for TQ18. At the moment there is only one Tasmanian 160km ride (in June) prior to the Quilty If sufficient numbers we will require a club willing to host an additional event .This will not be at the Easter Marathon.
- State Championships - Scheduled to be held at Sassafras in June. As an alternative the SMC ask for expression of interest from any club willing to host this event after the Quilty.
- Electronic Banking and Direct Debit - Soon to be an option.
- Training day for Electronic Timing System - Interested persons are invited to attend a set up and operation session at Sassafras early March. Date to be advised.
- New Rules for 2018 -These are on the website
- Early Warning points for 40km horses and riders - These are included in rules for 2018.
- Biosecurity and Temperature Logs - Needs to be consistency across all rides regarding protocols for collection of paperwork. Separate article.
- Club incorporation - Reminder to ensure annual fees are paid to Dept of Justice, Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading or you risk being de-registered as an incorporated Club.
- Day membership for 20km Riders - In line with other States it is now a requirement that all 20km riders take out Day membership if not already a full TEERA member.
TEERA members are invited to attend a TPR (temperature, pulse and respiration) course on Sunday 18th February 2018 at 10:00am. Endurance vet, Debbie Grull, will present the course, which will take around 2 hours. Morning tea provided.
Black Bluff ride 18th Nov has been cancelled BUT has been replaced by a BEER ride the following weekend on Sat 25th Nov. More details later.
The annual award dinner to be held at Penguin on 9th December.
Nominations for 2018 TEERA committee close on 30th November. Forms available soon.
Next TEERA meeting 8th Nov at Latrobe
People interested in learning how to set-up and operate our new electronic timing system are asked to contact secretary Pat Hodgetts or any committee member.
TEERA are implementing the same level of biosecurity as for the recent TQ17 ride.
1. If travelling from a non-Hendra risk area you are required to complete a 10 day Temp Log and Horse Health Declaration
2. If travelling from a Hendra risk area and your horse is HEV vaccinated you need to supply a current vaccination certificate and complete the 10 day Temp Log and Horse Health declaration.
3. If travelling from a Hendra high risk area and your horse is notHEV vaccinated your horseneeds to be out of the Hendra high risk area for a minimum of 28 days.
In addition you are required to
- contact Dr Pat Hodgetts ( pat.hodgetts @gmail.com) before5th Sept 2017and complete
-a quarantineand location declaration
-the 28 day quarantine Temp Log and Horse Health declaration commencing the day the horse arrives at the quarantine location outside of the Hendra risk zone