Lockhart Endurance Challenge
North East Equine Endurance Club, Inc.
- Grounds will open from 13:30 Friday 24th. Horse Health Declarations to be presented upon arrival at the ground.
- Friday afternoon from 15:00 until 18:00 and Saturday morning from 05:30 to 06:10
- will be held Saturday 06:15 in the hall
- Any offers of help from TPRs would be greatly appreciated.
- There will be a canteen on Saturday - see menu. On Friday night there will be a BBQ sausage sizzle. The Lebrina shop is also next to the hall and grounds.
- Grounds are to be clean at end of ride. ALL HORSE POO, HAY AND RUBBISH TO BE TAKEN WITH YOU. Thank you for helping us keep the site clean.
- Small campfires are permitted but must not be on the main oval.
- Yards on site next to the main oval are not to be used. You must supply your own yards which comply with AERA standards - see adjacent information.
- No smoking on track
- No dogs
- Chicken vegetable soup $3
Toasted foccacia - Chicken cheese & mayo $6
Beef burger $7 - lettuce, tomato, cheese, burger onion, beetroot, special burger sauce
- Chicken burger $7 - crumbed schnitzel, cheese, lettuce, special burger sauce
- Pulled pork roll $6 - slow cooked spiced pork with coleslaw or gravy
- Baked spud $8 with garlic butter, bacon, coleslaw, cheese and sour cream
- Homemade muffins, slices $2
Mixed sandwiches and salad rolls $4 - $5
Chocolate bars $2
- Mixed lollies $1
- Chip varieties $2
- Coke cans various $2
- Red Bull $4
- Sausage rolls, pies and pasties
- Online entries will close Tuesday May-21. Please use the online entry form below.
- Alternatively, phone entries to Megan Jensen on 0400 815 510
1. MEMBERSHIP AND LOG BOOKS
- Just a reminder that people who are not yet TEERA members and are planning to do a 20km or 40km ride MUST take out day membership BEFORE close of entries for the ride. The relevant form is available here. Allow time for EFT payments to be processed.
- Any log book requirements need to be organised at least one full week before entries close to allow time for return post.
Registrars are volunteers. It's unfair to expect them to drop everything to attend to late applications.
2. HORSE HEALTH DECLARATIONS
- Also all riders MUST present a completed 3 day Horse Health Declaration on arrival at the ride base. If you arrive without this you will not be allowed onto the ride base and will not be allowed to ride. In effect this requires you to take and record your horses temperature for three days before the ride. The relevant form is available here
- New riders can find lots of information here
- You are encouraged to look at the National Rules which can be found here
- Particular attention needs to be paid to the yarding of your horse at Ride Base -
2. AERA Rule 54. HORSE CONTAINMENT
- 54.1 The person responsible for a horse has a duty of care to all other persons to ensure their horse(s) are contained at all times. A competent responsible person must supervise horse(s) at all times when horse(s) are in the horse yard.
- 54.2 The preferred method of horse containment are metal yards, substantially fixed to a solid object such as a horse float, truck or permanent fence or appropriately pegged into the ground. Alternatively, electric fencing is permitted, but shall as a minimum, have 2 strands of tape, preferably white and a minimum of 1cm wide, with the top tape to be 1.2 to 1.4 metres above the ground. The posts used should be of substantial material (steel pickets) and installed so that the tape does not sag. The fence shall be energized at all times the horse is in the yard.
- 54.3 Only one horse is permitted per enclosure.
- 54.4 Ground tethering or the hobbling of horses is not permitted.
RIDE BASE LOCATION
Ride base is at the Lebrina Recreation Grounds behind the Lebrina Hall, Golconda Road, Lebrina Click on the red map pin below to get directions via Google Maps, or zoom in for more detail.
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSED
LATE ENTRIES TO MEGAN JENSEN ON 0400 815 510