- Election of 5 members for 2 year term of SMC. Successful candidates are Tania Jago, Jill Hawks, Kellie Woodhouse, Roger Nichols, Raelene Smith
- SMC members on second term are Wendy Rand, Pat Lamprey, Pat Hodgetts, Greg Henry, Diana Carrol.
- Office Bearers for 2018;
President : Wendy Rand
Vice/Pres : Raelene Smith
Treasurer: Roger Nichols
Secretary : Pat Hodgetts
Minute Sec: Jill Hawks
Log Books : Jill Hawks
Membership: Pat Lamprey
AERA Reps : Pat Hodgetts and Jill Hawks
Insurance : Greg Henry
Registrar in Training: Diana Carrol
Horse Welfare: Pat Hodgetts
Publicity: Tania Jago, Kellie Woodhouse
- Motion 1 amended to read “ Every club be encouraged to nominate a SMC representative to sit on the committee each year “ Motion passed
- Motion 2 . Amended to read “That TEERA explore the possibility of utilizing electronic voting system that enables members to vote at annual SMC elections” Motion passed.
- Motions 3 and 4 . Passed
- 160km Qualifying rides for 2018 - SMC would like to know before 17th March how many Tas riders still need to qualify for TQ18. At the moment there is only one Tasmanian 160km ride (in June) prior to the Quilty If sufficient numbers we will require a club willing to host an additional event .This will not be at the Easter Marathon.
- State Championships - Scheduled to be held at Sassafras in June. As an alternative the SMC ask for expression of interest from any club willing to host this event after the Quilty.
- Electronic Banking and Direct Debit - Soon to be an option.
- Training day for Electronic Timing System - Interested persons are invited to attend a set up and operation session at Sassafras early March. Date to be advised.
- New Rules for 2018 -These are on the website
- Early Warning points for 40km horses and riders - These are included in rules for 2018.
- Biosecurity and Temperature Logs - Needs to be consistency across all rides regarding protocols for collection of paperwork. Separate article.
- Club incorporation - Reminder to ensure annual fees are paid to Dept of Justice, Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading or you risk being de-registered as an incorporated Club.
- Day membership for 20km Riders - In line with other States it is now a requirement that all 20km riders take out Day membership if not already a full TEERA member.