North East Equine Endurance Club, Inc.
Santarena Park, 2016-August-27
- PRE-RIDE VETTING Friday afternoon from 15:00 onwards and Saturday morning from 05:30 to 06:15
- BRIEFINGS for all rides will be held Saturday 06:30
- Any offers of help from TPRs would be greatly appreciated
- A canteen will be available on Friday night and Saturday.
- General rubbish will need to be removed from site and manure and hay bagged and put at the nominated location. Thank you for helping us keep the site clean.
HOW TO ENTER
- Online entries will close Tuesday August-23
- Please use the online entry-from below
- Alternatively, phone entries to Megan a'Campo:
- 03 6334 7775 (BH)
- 0437 505 070 (AH)
- Just a reminder that people who are not yet TEERA members and are planning to do a 20km or 40km ride MUST take out day membership BEFORE close of entries for the ride. The relevant form is available here
- Also all riders MUST present a completed 3 day Horse Health Declaration on arrival at the ride base. If you arrive without this you will not be allowed onto the ride base and will not be allowed to ride. In effect this requires you to take and record your horses temperature for three days before the ride. The relevant form is available here
- New riders can find lots of information [here]
- You are encouraged to look at the National Rules which can be found here
- Particular attention needs to be paid to the yarding of your horse at Ride Base -
AERA Rule 54. HORSE CONTAINMENT
- 54.1 The person responsible for a horse has a duty of care to all other persons to ensure their horse(s) are contained at all times. A competent responsible person must supervise horse(s) at all times when horse(s) are in the horse yard.
- 54.2 The preferred method of horse containment are metal yards, substantially fixed to a solid object such as a horse float, truck or permanent fence or appropriately pegged into the ground. Alternatively, electric fencing is permitted, but shall as a minimum, have 2 strands of tape, preferably white and a minimum of 1cm wide, with the top tape to be 1.2 to 1.4 metres above the ground. The posts used should be of substantial material (steel pickets) and installed so that the tape does not sag. The fence shall be energized at all times the horse is in the yard.
- 54.3 Only one horse is permitted per enclosure.
- 54.4 Ground tethering or the hobbling of horses is not permitted.
RIDE BASE LOCATION
- Ride base is at Santarena Park, Bridport/Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale
- The ride location has been changed to Santarena Park, Scottsdale, because the Springfield location is too wet. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Click on the red map pin below to get directions via Google Maps, or zoom in for more detail.
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
Before entering, please make sure you have read and understood the recent rule changes requiring a Horse Trainer's Declaration with each entry.
This recent post on the news page dealt explained what is now required.